Linux vs. Windows: It's a matter of looking at that

Linux vs. Windows: It's a matter of looking at that

Linux vs. Windows: It's a matter of looking at that

linux, ubuntu, bash, kali linux, linux mint, debian, cron, manjarocredit:zdnet.com

Jack Wallen, who has used Linux for 20 years, shares the latest information using the Windows platform and explains why it set up an OS concept.

Over the years, I’ve written countless pieces around the “Linux vs. Windows” controversy is all by which  it has its own Linux camp. After all, I am a long-time user of Linux - it has been my daily routine for two decades. I have used a lot of Linux distributions on both desktops and servers and I rarely have a problem. For me, Linux comes naturally. It’s simple, effective, and efficient.

Windows, on the other hand, seemed to be the motto. It's about fighting as the app can be. It works, guesses, and often doesn’t work.

Let me share with you a recent anecdote to help clarify where I come from. This happened a few days ago.

See: 

Photos, if you like, a professional writer and his video setup. In front of him is a stopper and in that stand is a laptop. A powerful operating system for making a laptop? IWindows10.

I was hired by another company to do a video series on a particular software series. I thought, "No problem! I've used software on other platforms, this is going to be a cake walk." And no, the software in question was not the Cakewalk.

The only thing I had to do was install a screen recording program in Windows 10, and I was going to get a lifoff (no, the software in question was not Liftoff).

However, Windows 10 had something to say about this proposal.

At first, I thought that, "I'm going to use an built-in screen recording app." Nope. That's the end of the game, lets move forward.

Then I thought, "I'm going to install the same tool that I use on Linux (functionality)." but Nope.its not available on Windows.

Then I thought that i should check more, "I'm going to check out the Windows Store (or what's disgusting)."

Bingo. I got five or different degrees to try.


  • First failed to present.

  • The second failed to record.

  • Third came out two minutes into the session.

  • The fourth was a joke.

  • The fifth could not install.


I was lost. I had a deadline, and things were not going well. Not only did I remember that I once used OBS Studio once in a while and I knew I could get a screenshot of that. So, I installed the tool, took the time to install it, and recorded the session.

The session started to fade a bit.

By this time, I was overwhelmed with disbelief. After all, this was Windows. Shouldn't it be the easiest platform on the market - with so many apps to use? Annoyed, I couldn't help but laugh.

How did I solve the problem? Linux.

I plugged the Windows 10 device into Linux hosting, downloaded the software, and then recorded what I needed using the Screen Screen Recorder on the Linux server. The tool recorded exactly what I needed, set the perfect picture, and didn't look at one thing. It was useless and easy.

Because that's what Linux really is.

In my opinion, Linux is a functional program that doesn’t get in your way of doing the work you need to do. There it is, ready to help you do things, instead of being a hindrance, ready to set you free.

And again, I've been using Linux since the early days, so it's a second nature for me. If you have been weaned from Windows, chances are good that the platform is second nature to you.

It’s a matter of observation.

I remember a long time ago, I made an illustration to someone who asked me to explain my situation that Linux was easier than Windows. What I said was something like this: "Imagine you were born and raised a Catholic. For you, Catholicism makes sense. It's easy. It's normal. You can go for Catholic motives while you're asleep.

Now, let him be born and raised in a Baptist family. To you, Catholicism is absurd. It is confusing, complex, and completely incomprehensible. However, what the Baptist church does completely is your way. "

That's the way it is with Windows and Linux. If you are "awakened" in the Windows "house," you can use the OS in your sleep, and it makes sense. Linux? Not so much. The same is true for Linux. If you have grown up in the "house" of Linux, Windows is seen as a mental abomination with a very difficult and often difficult reason to fail.

The truth of the matter, they both work, and they both make sense of those who use them regularly. To say one is better than another is to ignore the power of each other - they are both numerous.

Finally, we should look at this through the lens of: What is the best tool for work? Both Linux and Windows are the best tools for certain tasks. Even though they are not the best tool for work, they are still going strong and when you put them together, there is very little you can do. Add macOS to the mix, and nothing can stop you.

And there you have it: My recent review in the Windows world has given me a little perspective on both platforms. Take in my story what you will do, but know this: I could not do my job without Linux.

At least I couldn't make it easy.

Or safety, reliability and efficiency.

Also See : 

Post a Comment

0 Comments